So today is being billed as ‘Blue Monday’, mainly by the media and anyone else who wants to breed negativity. Apparently we are all feeling really miserable by now for a number of reasons:
- Christmas is over
- Most people haven’t been paid since Christmas and won’t be for another couple of weeks, so we’re all broke
- Christmas credit card spend hits our bills round about now
- It’s cold outside
- We’ve given up on New Year Resolutions
and there’s more I’m sure….
So, essentially we have a choice – we could listen to all that depressing negativity, or we can use today as a day of reflection and turning things on their head.
- So Christmas is over – get over it, there will be another one. Think of other events that are coming up and write them down so you can look forward to them.
- It’s a while until pay day. Work out what money you have left and look at what things you can do for free until the end of the month. Use today to rally friends and plan a get together at home and have a cheap catch-up. Get planning!
- We have bills – get them all out, write down what debt you have, and work out how to repay them. Being honest with yourself and getting it all out in the open will make you feel better than hiding those bills.
- It’s January, it’s meant to be cold, and will be for a few more months yet so get used to it. Think of things you can do in the weather and wear dress appropriately. Get outdoors for a few minutes each day for fresh air and sunlight – get your Vitamin D. I promise you it will make you feel better.
- So you may have had a wobble with your resolutions. Don’t worry, don’t beat yourself up and most definitely DON’T GIVE UP! Think again about why you’re doing it and re-prioritise yourself. Read my blog about resolutions to re-focus yourself.
Be stubborn and kick those negative vibes been thrown about by the media today into touch. Don’t let yourself believe it – re-focus, be positive, count your blessings, and enjoy your life!